Friday, December 4, 2009

Trader Joe's Creme Brulee (4 Pack)




After several trips to Trader Joe's I finally caved and bought the Trader Joe's Creme Brulee (4 Pack). At $4.99 (no tax), it's a pretty good deal because if you think of the time it would take to make and cost of ingredients, this is a less inexpensive route.

To defrost, either leave them out on the counter for 1 hour OR leave them in the refrigerator for 3 hours. I left mine (just 1) on the counter for an hour and came back to a very glossy, rich, and smooth tasting dessert. This creme brulee does not have the cracked, sugary topping that traditional/fresh made ones do though. I really don't know what the brown spot on top is about.

Anyway, what makes this creme brulee different is the edible chocolate container it comes in. I felt it was a bit too rich to eat the chocolate and the creme brulee at the same time (in the same bite), so I alternated chocolate and creme.

While you can't beat fresh made creme brulee, this one wasn't that bad! I'd give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment